Grand Tasting Details for Participating Wineries and Associations
This page contains important details regarding the event. If you have any questions, please contact Brian Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-730-0274.
Date & Time
- Saturday, May 5, 2018
- Media & Early Admission: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- General Public: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Set up time starts at 10:00 am. Be ready to meet guests by 11:45 am.
Estimated participation: 40 wineries and 200+ attendees
Early Admission VIP Passes
As a Grand Tasting winery, you may invite as many of your customers as you'd like to attend the Grand Tasting at a discounted price of $35. (That's $10 off the early-bird price and $20 off the standard ticket price.)
When your customers purchase the "VIP" pass they also get early admission to the tasting. With a VIP ticket they can enter at 12 pm along with media and trade. They must by their tickets online and in advance of the event:
Your customers will need the link to buy Early Admission VIP tickets.
Registering Your Staff
Each winery is provided 2 staff badges for 2 people to be able to pour at your table. They must register ahead of time. Please have them complete this brief form:
There will be a designated area for wineries to park their cars off premise. Please do not leave your car in the Chacewater parking lot.
Check In & Badges
Stop at the registration table when you arrive to check in and receive your table location and badges. Volunteers will assist you to your table if needed. Please wear your badge at all times during the event.
Table Set Up
- Each winery will receive one half of a draped 8 foot table.
- We will also provide winery signage, dump bucket, ice, water‐pitcher.
- No backdrops, banners or posters are allowed behind or next to your table.
- Please do not replace your table sign with a custom display.
- Do not use items that obscure or infringe on your neighbor’s visibility.
- Candles and music are prohibited.
You may also want to bring:
- A hand truck or dolly for moving your wine.
- Comfy shoes and clothing.
- Cork pullers and additional slo pourers.
- Printed information about your winery – including tri‐fold brochures, business cards, wine club sign‐up sheets, and so on.
Wine for Pouring
- Please use your own discretion regarding the amount of wine to bring. We recommend half-ounce pours. One to two cases should be sufficient.
- When in doubt, bring more wine than you think you’ll need. If you have wine remaining, you can take it with you at the end of the event.
Certificate of Insurance
To pour at the 2018 Sauvignon Blanc Grand Tasting, you must provide a certificate of insurance. Please see details below.
- For liability and safety reasons, no babies, children, or pets (except registered service dogs).
- You must be at least 21 years old to enter the event.
- You may not give away or sell wine.
- SBE is not responsible for lost or stolen goods.
- SBE is a non‐smoking event, and perfume scent is discouraged.
How to Get More Information
Event email: email@example.com
Event phone: (707) 277-1278
Make Sure Your Customers Know You Will Be at the Grand Tasting!
- Let them know on Facebook and Instagram. Share our Facebook page. Use the hashtag #SBE2018.
- Add the SBE logo, banners, and other digital files to your newsletter, website, or social media pages. Download the full media kit.
- Order Grand Tasting postcards for your tasting room. Just let me know you'd like us to send you some.
- Send your customers this link for discounted tickets: https://sauvignonblancexperience.com/early-admission-tickets
2018 Certificate of Liability Insurance and Additional Insured Endorsement Requirements
Each Sauvignon Blanc Experience participant is required to provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance with evidence of Host Liquor Liability Insurance and an Additional Insured Endorsement Form. The certificate must include minimum insurance limits in US dollars, policy number, and name of the event, date, and endorsement form number. All sections must be completed as in this ACORD example (PDF) and must be in English. The policy period must cover the dates of the Sauvignon Blanc Experience. The event will be held at Chacewater Winery and Olive Mill, 5625 Gaddy Lane, Kelseyville, CA 95451.
Your Additional Insured Endorsement Form must be attached to the certificate and must list (as in the example):
- Lake County Winegrape Commission
- Lake County Winery Association
- Policy number
Please submit your Certificate of Liability Insurance with Additional Insured Endorsement by April 20, 2018, to:
Lake County Winegrape Commission
Office: (707) 279-2633; Fax: (707) 279-2712
Here's What Else We Need From You
Your Logo and Description
If you haven't yet sent us your logo and description, please send them to our event planner (John Hyde) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A brief 100-word description of your winery (or association) and the wines you will be pouring. This is for our website and program.
- Your logo. Acceptable formats including vector files (AI or EPS) or a high-resolution JPG.
Reach out to me anytime if you have questions about any of the above information. We look forward to seeing you in May!